Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another week goes by...

This was my first week at home with two kiddos and no hubby! It was a fun and exhausting week--a great learning experience of Mommyhood!

Emma has been a GREAT helper around the house. She always gets me some diapers and puts things away when I'm too tired or sore to move. I had always thought I wanted our kids to be closer together in age, but God knew exactly what He was doing (no surprise there). I don't know how well I would've done if she were still as needy as she was even a year ago.

Ethan is continuing to nurse ALL THE TIME and grow like a weed! He's eating about every 1.5-2 hours, and he was 9 lb. 10 oz. at his two-week check-up. He had also grown .5 in. It's so hard to believe how quickly they grow. At this rate, he'll be a solid 10.5 or 11 lbs. by the end of his first month. Whoa!

We've also had so many great friends and family come by and take care of us. It has been a huge blessing to us to have friends and family come over and bring dinner, take Emma for a little while to play, or even go to the grocery store for me. We have just been thanking God every day for the provisions He has made. I feel truly blessed!

Here are a few more pictures of our precious children to hold everyone over until we get out and about. I'm still not feeling ready to get out and drive (the doctor told me not to drive until I'd feel comfortable slamming on the brakes if someone ran in front of my car--and I am definitely not there yet), but hopefully soon!

Enjoy!




No comments: