Thursday, May 8, 2008

We're having a...




BOY!
We are very excited! Overall, everything looked great today. Here is the update on our progress:
Baby's weight: about 12 oz. (the weight of a soda can)
Mommy's weight gain: -3 lbs. (I have gained one pound of the four that I lost)
Mommy's blood pressure: 118/72
The one major concern of the doctor is that our baby has what is called Single Umbilical Artery (SUA), which is a condition where only one of the two arteries that is supposed to make up the umbilical cord (in addition to a vein) is present. While this can cause major birth defects--the big ones would have been a heart or spinal cord abnormality--PRAISE GOD that NEITHER of these problems are present. Our doctor believes that the biggest concern at this point is IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction), which will keep him from growing as well as he should.
So far, he is growing RIGHT ON TRACK, measuring at 20wks, 3 days (I am technically only 20 weeks along). Please pray that he will continue to grow as he is supposed to and that I can carry to term. After 32 weeks, I will go in every week for the doctor to determine if he would be healthier outside of the womb. Obviously, the best situation would be for me to reach 37 weeks before they induce.
All that being said, we know that whatever happens we will have the baby that God has intended for us. We are so excited for this addition to our family, and we know that God has this precious little guy in His hands!
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:14-16

1 comment:

kellyliz82 said...

Congratulations on a little man! I've been peeking off and on all day to see the verdict.:) We'll being praying for a safe pregnancy for both of you.