Thursday, April 3, 2008

Flowers and "Fingermails"

While Lindsay was visiting with us for a few minutes on Tuesday, Emma starting picking "flowers": they were really weeds, but she doesn't understand the difference yet. I digress. Anyway, she began by picking the ugly, dying, brown ones. I didn't quite understand this. Then, I noticed her picking the full, white, "pretty" ones.

Glad that she had gone for the prettier flowers I said, "That's right, Emma. Throw those ugly old ones down and keep the pretty ones." Any guesses as to which ones she kept? Just goes to show you what is beautiful in the eyes of a child.

Later that evening, I decided it was time to remove the old polish on my toenails and paint them a different color. Of course Emma had to join in on the fun. She loves to have her "fingermails" and "toemails" painted. Sadly, though, she seems to have inherited her Mommy's hideous feet. And in case you're wondering, it goes several generations back.

2 comments:

Velocity Sisters said...

haha that is to funny... those feet are nothing compared to my grandmas!! haah

Lindsay said...

oh emma- u are so precious!i loved watching u throw down those flowers.. i love getting my toemails painted too. yours look very pretty!! Hideous feet also run in my family..at least mine are better lookin than my moms and grandmas.