Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Little Cinder-lala and her Prince Charming

There are certain days when you are more proud than others to be a wife and mom. Not those days when you lose your patience with your two-year-old or get angry with your husband because he hung your clothes in the wrong place again. I am talking about those days when you see a glimpse of God doing something amazing, and you realize that He allowed you to see it.

The one thing I desire most for my daughter (apart from a strong relationship with Christ) is the knowledge and understanding that she is a lady. That means that she looks like a lady and acts like a lady. And what I desire most from my husband in his role as a father is to teach our daughter that she is a princess and should be treated as such by any man. Well Emma DEFINITELY wants to dress and act like a lady, and my husband (with a reminder every once in a while that burping and farting are not acceptable around girls) tries his hardest to show Emma what a Daddy's love really is. These are two areas that I pray about and encourage both Emma and Dan in.

And yesterday, I got to see the most beautiful sight. I saw my precious daughter get dressed up in her princess clothes and say to me, "I wonderful, Momma." Yes you are, my sweet girl.
And then I saw she and her Daddy walk to the living room, hand in hand, and share a special dance. No music, no lights, and for no particular reason other than that her Daddy shares many special dances with his little princess. I wish I had a camera, because it was such a beautiful moment. I saw a glimpse of my Father's love. Not just my earthly Daddy, because he makes sure to know that I'm still his little girl. I am talking about my Father God who loves me, holds my hand, and shares special moments with His princess.

What a precious sight.






2 comments:

The Stuckey Family said...

Awwwww!

Lauren said...

durn...terri stole my comment.
I love your family!