Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What are your traditions?

I know that many of the families who might read this blog are like us--families who have a young kiddo or two at home. Or maybe there are people who read this blog who are a little older and have kiddos who have left the nest. Either way, I hope that you leave a comment and respond to this question:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAMILY CHRISTMAS TRADITION?

It can either be a tradition that you have leading up to Christmas, on Christmas day, or after Christmas. (For instance, one of ours is to buy/create an ornament for our children every year so that by the time they have their own Christmas trees, they will have years of ornaments AND memories to hang up on it.) I am asking mostly out of curiosity, but I also love to hear about the family traditions and legacies that others are sharing with their children.

Thanks for responding!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey! been thinking about this this week. We do the ornament thing too. We do advent calendars. Also want to start some new traditions. I am thinking new pjs for a present Christmas eve..and lining the path with luminaries b/c thats what we did growing up.I like the idea of reading the REAL Christmas story on Christmas eve..not the one about santa...who Roman is already calling "Christmas." " Is Christmas coming to my house, mama..to bring me presents?" WHAT? We don't even "do" santa. LOL. Miss you guys..call me this week if you can..thinking we could get the kiddos together to make Christmas cookies or something...maybe we could go caroling..haha.