Wednesday, August 8, 2007

From Good to Bad...

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end...Or so the saying goes. As great of a week as we had last week, it got that much worse this week.

To start off, I came home Sunday from work and lunch with a headache. I didn't think much of it, as I get headaches all the time. I know the signs that a migraine is coming, but this one didn't feel like a migraine at all. So I just kept on with my day until about 9:00--then the unbearable pain hit me like a ton of bricks! I have never had such a headache before in my life. I am not exaggerating that the only worse pain I have been in was childbirth! After tossing and turning and crying all night, Dan took me to the doctor Monday morning. Once she realized that the shot of Imitrex in my right arm wasn't doing anything (and that in and of itself should have knocked me out), she gave me a shot of Perdol (the mega form of Percuset) in my left arm. And then I was three sheets to the wind...

And for the next two days, I took antibiotics, decongestants, and Vicodin...And after 72 hours my headache was all but gone. Then Dan got sick. That's right--after I had sent him and Emma off for the day in my half-dazed state, I heard the pitter patter of feet coming back in the house, followed by a foul smell and the sight of my poor husband covered in his own vomit. Then his headache started.

He is at the doctor's office right now, hopefully to return soon with some diagnosis and a way to feel better. I am back to the doctor's office tomorrow for some tests, and if nothing is conclusive, she will be setting up a time for me to get my head x-rayed (Ha ha, I've known that I've needed that for years!) to figure out what has caused all of this.

And sweet, little Emma...She's been her usual loving, caring, affectionate self through this whole thing. And that's why we love our baby girl...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

girl!!!!! why didn't you call me! What can i do? That is so crazy. Satan you will leave the Delaney family alone in the name of JESUS!!