Friday, January 11, 2008

Just a few resolutions for 2008

I was talking to a friend recently who laughed when I told her that I stay up every year to wait on the million-dollar ball to drop in Times Square. I am not sure exactly what about the new year excites me, but I think it is just the feeling that you can start fresh and new. Part of that is making resolutions.

I know, I know--when you make resolutions you usually only keep them for a few days at best. But I am determined that this year is going to be different. A few weeks ago, Dan and I discussed some goals we have as a family and some personal goals.

Here are my top 10 goals for 2008:

  1. I will drink water every night at dinner.
  2. I will only eat out twice a week (which is great for the bank and the figure!).
  3. I will let those close to me know how important they are by remembering to send birthday cards (I remember birthdays pretty well but ALWAYS forget the cards).
  4. I will watch less TV...this will be easy because we are getting rid of cable.
  5. I will pay attention to how much I am spending on gasoline. One of the pastors at our church told us that he had overspent $1000 in three years because he was not going to the most price-efficient station.
  6. We will have game night at least once a week.
  7. We will have date night at least once a month.
  8. We will attend one church service a week (starting in February).
  9. We will serve at one church service a week.
  10. I will keep my resolutions this year. :)

So far, we are doing pretty well. I guess only time will tell how well we do.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You got this :)
Great to see you for a minute over break. Love being in the same church family as you and Dan!

Lindsay said...

Great resolutions!I too get so excited about the new year. This year is gonna be amazing!I am excited about the changes I want to make in our lives. I always have drink more water on MY list- so that made me laugh. I am glad y'all will get to go to church too-sweet!

Lindsay said...

oh- and I LOVE the new blog look! very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great work.